Thursday, August 20, 2009

Return to the U.S.


Exams are finally over and there's two days left until we arrive in Norfolk, Virginia. I doubt I'll have time to write about Morocco by then but I intend to get around to it eventually. But in case I don't, I wanted to wrap up this blog and say that my decision to go on semester at sea was quite possibly the single best decision I've ever made in my life. It's been the most exciting, fun and eye-opening summer I've ever had, and I'm sure the things I learned and experienced in this voyage will influence what I do for the rest of my life.  I've made friends all around the country, and interacting with the students and faculty on this ship has opened up the world for me in so many ways.  I signed up for this trip thinking this would be the ultimate travel experience, but now I see this as just the beginning of my traveling career.  If anyone's interested in learning about this program, I'd love to share my experience with you and give you advice - you can reach me at shane.rasnak@gmail.com.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment